Thursday, April 09, 2009

Bright Light City Here We Come...Viva Las Vegas

So we have another wedding in our mist..missed...mitts...mitzs? Anyways another wedding coming up in the family. This time it's the next oldest grandchild taking the plunge and they've decided to do a destination wedding in Vegas. I love this thought. A small intimate affair with some close family (I don't believe any friends are coming). In the end 15 of us are leaving on a plane and heading down for some drinks, laughs and fun.

Now that part that I find most fascinating is the fact that we're all not going down together. Majority of the group are leaving on Friday, myself, hubby and my parents are heading down Saturday and then finally on Sunday the grooms sister arrives in town with the wedding taking place Monday night. The logistics of this is almost enough to make your head spin. And during all that there are shows people are going to and trips to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam that have been planned. All I'm hoping for is a little shopping and maybe a nice dip in the pool. They have this lazy river pool that sounds amazing. You just grab a raft and float around as the current moves you around the river...sigh I'm already picturing myself there!

This is our second time visiting Vegas as hubby went in January 2002 with his dad and family and I went in July 2002 with my parents so we all know sort of what to expect (but it is Vegas. Expect the unexpected and be prepared for anything!). I think though the highlight for me this time is going back to the Coke store and M&M world. Hubby has already been trying to calm me down but there is just something about getting M&M in what seems like umpteen different colours that makes me sooooo excited!

My mom has also done more research into fabric stores in the area and wants to hit at least one. I've decided that if no one else goes with her I will make sure she finds the store. HOWEVER. She has only one hour to spend in the store and I will only be accompanying her to ONE store of her choice. She has accepted this agreement and says that's it's more then fair for her end. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should have held out and made her join me in my hunt for the Bath and Body Works store but the lady loves to shop for everything so either way it's win win for her. Wish me luck that I don't get lost in a sea of fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment