Thursday, September 17, 2009

One Year Ago

One year ago I was stressed out beyond belief...

One year ago I was up to my neck in ribbon, paper, fabric, phone calls, e-mails...

One year ago I married the man of my dreams!



So it's our anniversary. Our first anniversary. They say the first anniversary is suppose to be celebrated with the traditional gift of paper and thankfully we have lots of that around. It's being used to wrap things up but at least we can say we celebrated in the traditional sense.

We spent the day together trying to get a few more boxes packed (gotta love the dreaded junk draw...which now becomes the junk box)



and getting caught up on a few of our favourite shows. It was nice to have a day at home just to ourselves and to relax a little. We went for a great dinner out at the Keg (the shrimp was huge and sooooo tasty) and I think the couple next to us helped give us dinner and a show. Can't remember a lot of the conversation but they were definitely loud and animated. Plus hubby had to roll his eyes at her outfit. Hubby's not a big fan of the halter top with bra look...especially when the bra doesn't come close to matching the top.

After dinner it was off to the movies to see the Ugly Truth. Good movie, no where near Oscar worthy but definitely good for a date night which is what we wanted. Then came cake. Yes my wonderful mother managed to save and salvage our wedding cake and hide it away in her freezer. Thank goodness she did or it might not have made it to our anniversary.



And what surprised me is that even a year later it still tastes as good as I remember and gave us a little buzz from all the sugar. I think I'm still shaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment