Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lost and Found

So I've been thinking about my next scrapbooking project. I love scrapbooking but it always takes me a few years to finish an album. The last few I've done have all been trips. There was my trip to Europe with Contiki which turned into a 2 volume scrapbook. Then came my field school trip to Italy which also turned into a 2 volume scrapbook. Plus there is my graduation book which hasn't even made it to the ceremonies yet as I've been working on pictures from my grade 12 year. Plus there's a scrapbook full of miscellaneous trips such as Vegas and Puerto Vallarta.

But now I'm stuck. Do I finish my graduation book? Do I start a baby book and add photos later? Do I start on my wedding album (which will easily turn into a 2-3 volume book). Do I do my honeymoon. Plus there's the trips...Ireland and Scotland, Friday Harbour, Vegas (again). Then I remembered I hadn't seen my pictures from Switzerland in awhile and I got a little worried.

I went to Switzerland by myself after my field school in Italy ended. My rule with traveling (especially in Europe) is that I like to try and get to some place new. Since I had already been to Italy once I wanted to add another country onto my travels. Switzerland was right next door and it was a country I felt comfortable traveling alone in. I had quite a few people think I was nutty to do this but after my first trip to Europe where I technically traveled alone, even though I was on a bus with 39 other people, I felt excited to be going off on my own.

Switzerland is really and truly an amazing place though. I never felt more safe and the landscape is just beautiful there.





I think my favourite photo though is this one.

What you have to do is picture the Matterhorn over my shoulder. This is one of the highest points people can get to in Switzerland. I am up just over 12,000 feet here and trust me you feel it. Walking up the steps to the view point you can feel your lungs working overtime. It was a shame it was so foggy when I was up there. Oh and of course the next day it was clear as ever at the top.

I am so happy to have found these photos again as I was really starting to wonder if I had lost them for good. I had so much fun in the mountains and small towns of Switzerland that I can't wait to go back. Hrm looks like I might have figured out what I want to scrapbook next.

No comments:

Post a Comment