Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We're Off To A Rolling Start

Okay bad title I know but what can I say I got about 2-3 hours sleep last night and it's the best I could come up with.

So it was a busy weekend for Hubby and me. We spent a lot of time cleaning up the place and did something we hadn't done in over 7 months...our filing. We went out and got new filing folders and boxes and now everything is organized. I just wonder how long it will stay like that. We tend to like to pile things up and then file them later but hopefully this new system will keep us on top of things.

We also went out and did a little baby shopping. We picked this up:


Can I just say that this has got to be one of the most coolest baby gear items out there. It's the 2010 Uppa Baby Vista stroller and we absolutely love it. It comes with the bassinet which we hope to get lots of use as we'll probably be running from family to family and it would be nice to have a place for the baby to sleep. Also the chair/seat is reversible so the baby/child can either face you or face out. Hubby and I are having so much fun playing with it and we've been showing it off to our family and friends like crazy. I can't wait to take our little monkey out for a walk in it!

We also took advantage of a paint sale Rona had on (by 2 cans get one free). We decided awhile ago on a brown and green theme for the nursery and originally we were going to go with chocolate brown and green but after seeing the colour we picked for our living room I changed my mind and decided to use it instead and accent with chocolate instead. So what we're going with is something more like this:


So we're going to still be busy it seems for the next few weeks. I see a lot of taping, painting and edging in our future plus there's still a bunch of stuff to grab before the nursery is ready. Little things really...just a crib, change table...you know...nothing major. But I'm sure we'll get there. Hey if not at least the baby has a bassinet now to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment