Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yum Yum

So fiance and I went for our tasting at The Butler Did It and wow, what a spread we will be having! We opted to go with:

Appitizers:
* Assorted Mini Quiche: Sundried Tomatoes blended with Parmesan Cheese, Chopped Spinach and Feta Cheese, Bay Shrimp, White Cheddar and Gouda Cheese, Fresh Mushrooms and Tarragon, Smoked Ham and Cheese and Cheese Trio
* Assorted Foccacia Bruschetta: Roma Tomato and Fresh Basil with Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Calamata Olive Tapanade and California Grilled Vegetable Ratatouille
* Wild Atlantic Salmon Filets wrapped in Puffed Pastry served with a Fresh Dill Dip
* Spanokapita: Feta Cheese and Spinach wrapped in layers of Phyllo Pastry

Buffet
* Fresh Seasonal Vegetable Basket with a Fresh Herb Dip
* Mixed Field Greens Salad with the Butler's Fruit Vinaigrette
* Fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Bocconcini Cheese Platter drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil
* Spicy Thai Noodle Salad
* Sundried Tomato Roasted Garlic Pesto Penne Pasta Salad
* Baron of Beef (carved at Buffet) served with Horseradish, Dijon Mustard and Au Jus
* Chicken Piccata with a Lemon Caperberry Sauce (this dish was so good we actually changed our minds from pasta to this option)
* Herb Roasted Potatoes
* A medley of Fresh Market Vegetables
* An assortment of freshly baked Foccacia, French and Whole Wheat Rolls
* Fresh Seasonal Fruit Arrangement
* Canadian and Imported Cheese Board offered with a selection of Crackers
* A delectable assortment of Sweets, Cakes and Pies
* Torrefazione Italia Coffee
* Herbal and Regular Teas

I tell you if people go home starving then something is wrong! Now I've just got to get myself in gear and start getting the DJ and decorator booked.

So I contacted Myrna at MJM weddings and wow I did not think that they would book up as quickly as she did for viewings. I managed to get a fitting for next Monday luckily though. She is booked for all Saturdays until March and Thursday nights as well. I love the pictures she has on her website so maybe I'll find something nice there. If not I think I'll be going off to Everything But the Groom the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment