Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stuff...Never Ending Stuff!

So it was a really busy weekend for Hubby and I. It seemed like almost everything we did was baby related and man did this kid get spoiled (again) but he/she is worth it. It started with a cloth diaper swap meet in Saturday which was very informative. Cloth diapers are something I've been looking into for the last few months but when I first became pregnant I never thought I would be doing it. In fact I had one friend ask me if we were going to cloth diaper right after I told her I was pregnant and I swear I had the deer in the head lights look and promptly answered no. But after doing a lot of research into it and finding out the Hubby was just as much on board as I was we decided to go for it. So we've now started our collection with 4 diapers yay! Obviously we're going to need more but it's nice to have a start and each of the diapers are all different types so we're hoping if we get a nice range we'll be able to figure out what we like best and go from there.

Secondly I attended my first kids swap meet. Can I just say that these are amazing! It's like a flea market but for kids items and are there ever some good deals out there. Clothes starting at a $1, shoes and accessories for $.50 and the toys and gear! My goodness some people have some brand new looking items and I think the highest price I saw was $30 for a great looking play table or high chair. Most of the stuff was not gender neutral and things like toys I was not planning on getting until after our little one comes so we'll definitely have to go back.

We've also got sitting in our garage right now this:

Shermag Chanderic Regency - Deluxe Convertible Crib - Espresso

Shermag Chanderic Regency - Changing Combo - Espresso

We're just waiting for the chair railing to get done and then these babies are getting moved into the nursery. I can't wait to see it all come together.

And finally I have to show off some of the items my mom has been working on. She retired about 3-4 years ago and took up quilting and knitting since then and gave us these to "start us off"


This is going to be part of our little monkey's coming home outfit.


This is a smaller blanket so it's the perfect size for the car set or stroller.


This is the larger crib sized blanket. I love that it's not overly heavy as our little monkey is coming just at the start of summer.

And finally here's little monkey...okay and me. I'm almost 30 weeks here (29 weeks 6 days) and sporting quite the bump now.

No comments:

Post a Comment